Create a Visual Sitemap from SEO XML Sitemaps in Six Easy Steps with Omnigraffle.
Easily map out the structure of a website using Omnigraffle using an AppleScript that takes an existing XML sitemap and generates a visual layout for it in Omnigraffle.
Ideal if you're a visual person or like infographics. The AppleScript converts the XML Sitemap into an easy to digest diagram.
There is nothing useful out there to accomplish this, not even with Excel.
1. Download Omnigraffle - It’s free to trial for 14 days.
2. Generate an XML sitemap for your domain - Using https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
which crawls the site and creates a sitemap.xml file. There is a limit of 500 pages.
3. Download the XML Sitemap to Omnigraffle AppleScript from Github - https://github.com/nikjft/O...
4. Run the AppleScript
5. Choose your diagram format - Omnigraffle comes with a range of different styles. In the menu select "Format" then "Choose Diagram Style" and choose your preferred design from the list.
7. Save and/or Export - available formats include PDF or Microsoft Visio